Friday, February 03, 2012

BOO! Did I scare you?



LAST DAY of the 10 day challenge. I think for people like Kayla it went fast, but this was PLENTY for me. I think next time I will do 5 days. It was significantly more stretching for me, and I'm still counting my lessons.

So for today: Wear something that scares you.

WHITE. I have 2 small kids. Yep.

This skirt also doesn't fit me great, so it scares me too. And honestly, today might prove to me that I don't need to hang onto it anymore. Which is part of the challenge, I think. The length is a little strange, so I have to hike it up to grandpa-pants height to make it look ok, but then it gets all middle-squidgy. I'm of the opinion that I don't want to own clothes that I have to wrestle with all day. So today it'll get a great send-off.

Here are the pictures:

Cowering in a corner...
Okay, maybe for YOU I will come out.
First two pics in the boots, 2nd in the flats. I will probably go with the boots to make it feel more casual, and because of that frickin-frackin blister on the back of my heel! I've also learned that in skirts that hit right at the knee, I do better in heels because I have rounder calves.
Hi, shoes!
My bracelets from my grandma and the white necklace from the thrift store. ;)

Thanks for hanging with me, everyone! This has been SO good for me to think through a myriad of things, like my philosophy on style and clothes, and what I really want out of what I wear.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I think this skirt is really cute on you. And I love it paired with the navy top.

Courtney
wearingwhatiwant.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Cute outfit! I love the addition of the belt and bracelet.

Kayla Moncur said...

I wore a white shirt to my son's friend's bday party yesterday. Both my kids ate chocolate cake. My shirt did not survive.

I usually end up tossing a few pieces after each challenge. I realize I've held on to things that should have been donated long ago and it takes a challenge to make me realize it!

You do look super cute though. Bummer the skirt is so fidgety!

Kayla
Freckles in April